16 April 2015

Some creations to share

Hello there, It's been a while since I have posted! 

I have had a really busy start to the year at work and that seems to be taking all of my energy and mojo. I cannot seem to find much enthusiasm for creating! Anyway, this afternoon I decided to photograph my creations from the last few months...

 I created this layout with a submission theme in mind! I started with a colourful background using gelatos and some added some stamping in coordinating colours. I raided my stash of old Sassafras diecut flowers and layered them over the top using pop dots to raise them up here and there. I then matted my cardstock on pattern paper from the range. I wasn't really happy with this page so I made another with the remaining diecuts and that page will be seen in Scrapbooking Memories soon :)


Last month I joined in Wilna Furstenburg's Color Theory class held over at Studio Calico! I love Wilna's style and even though I have only completed one of the lessons far I look forward to completing some more when I can. This is my layout...very colourful hey!
I started with applying the paint (mixed with a gel medium) really thickly to watercolour paper with a brush. I hand stamped the flower images, painted the centres to coordinate and attached with pop dots to add dimension. 


And this card was made from a practice sheet. The technique was to apply acrylic paint straight from the tube. I then used a roller stamp through the wet paint and attached it to some green cardstock. I added some vellum labels, banners, chipboard pieces, enamel dots and star sequins for a quick and easy card.


I hope you had a lovely Easter! 
I enjoyed some time with my family over the long weekend and also a little relaxing time spent at my craft desk. I had a clean up of my space and found the Jubilee kit that I had purchased with an e-book at Studio Calico quite a while ago. Because my mojo is low I decided to follow the projects in the book using the kit. I have gotten quite a few cards and layouts out of the kit so far... 

These are the cards I made using some of my favourite stamps from the kit...


These circles were embossed and punched out before sewing to the card front.


And here I water coloured the wood veneer circle!


I completed three 8.5x11 pages...

It was fun trying the styles of some of my favourite designers and using the designs from the e-book made for some pretty quick layouts!


I liked using these Christmas photos with non Christmas papers.



I also finished a couple of 12x12 pages...

This page uses some of the included printable and Silhouette cuts!


A few more embossed circles here...I think they make a fun embellishment! 
Do you ever re-scrap the same photo? I printed this one out twice in error so just decided to use it on this page anyway, lol.


Thanks for making it this far :)

Cheers,

Leanne xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog today.