31 December 2014

Year in Review | Favourites of 2014

Can you believe the year is almost over? I have had some highs (having my layout published on the cover of Scrapbooking Memories) and some lows (my Dad passing away in August). So for me in 2014 there have been happy and sad times and I suppose that is what life is all about...triumphs and tragedies and everything in between. For me a new year is a time to reflect on the past, set some goals and be open to new experiences in the future! As I have been having a little break from creating I decided I would like to share a selection of my favourite pages and cards from 2014.

I will start with the one I am most proud of...

This page was a labour of love, stamping and/or fussy cutting most of the elements. I then added chipboard embellishments and touches of gold for a little bit of bling. I am blessed to have this page chosen for the cover of Scrapbooking Memories! A dream come true!


I just loved working on this page! I used a die cut paper sheet as a template for water colouring the triangles and stamped and water coloured the words too. My husband commented that 'it looks like kindergarten work' hehe, but luckily I love this fun look and the page was published in Scrapbooking Memories.


This page was created for a challenge while I was on the Scrap the Girls Creative team. I loved playing with mist, texture paste and a monochromatic colour scheme. The feathers have been stamped with acrylic paints and a foam stamp. I love the ombre look!
   

Next up is a page completed while on the Feeling Sketchy Design Team. I wanted to use up some older products here so used an older Kaisercraft template with Heidi Swapp navy mist, then layered some Prima papers with printable labels and finished with a few Prima roses. RIP Dad xo


I loved this photo so much and wanted it to take centre stage on this layout I designed for a recent Guest Stylist spot at ScrapBoutique. I started by layering strips of Maggie Holmes Open Book papers and vellum which I then stitched in place. I then added vellum pieces from the ephemera pack, stickers and a few enamel dots to finish. 


Now for some favourite cards that I created this year...

I started here by misting card stock with gold mist. I then matted this piece onto this gorgeous pattern paper by Ashley Goldberg and used the chipboard diamond as a template to cut extra pieces for embellishing. Some gold thread, buttons, sequins, gold stars and a simple stamped sentiment completed my card. 


This fun set published in Stamping, Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine uses vibrant pattern papers from Pebbles Inc. I had a great time layering the papers with stickers and embellishments including sequins, flair and veneer shapes.


This set was also published in Stamping, Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine and was so economical to  make...just a few sheets of Kaisercraft paper and a few embellishments from my stash. 


This card was made using a Studio Calico card kit! That cake stamp is to die for and I had fun stamping and embossing the layers of cake to resemble icing. Flowers from the set were stamped and fussy cut to decorate. The sequins and gold embossed ring set add that little bit of bling!


This card was made for a challenge at Studio Calico. I layered vellum printable labels over the newsprint paper, stamped the sentiment and layered with ribbon, thread, a circle printable and a few enamel dots for a pop of colour.


So I hope you have enjoyed taking a peek at my favourite projects of twenty fourteen. I am currently enjoying my break from creating but am hoping that my mojo is re-ignited and better than ever in twenty fifteen.

Thanks for stopping by today! I wish you and your loved ones a Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year!


Best wishes,

Leanne xo




2 comments:

Thank you for visiting my blog today.