18 December 2014

ScrapBoutique Retreat | Layouts to share

While at retreat recently I stocked up on lots of new collections but kept finding myself drawn to Websters Pages Nest! I just love the colours, patterns and fun images in this collection...and feathers get me every time! After learning all about grids in the Art + Design class I decided to try this out with the pretty 2x2 squares from the Special Places paper. I also once again had fun fussy cutting the feather paper to use as embellishments.


I  so loved the variety of patterns in this collection...it's not often that I love both sides of pattern papers. I also went a little crazy with the machine stitching as it just adds that little extra something to the page!


I also completed quite a few 8.5x11 pages...this one uses layers of the 3x4 cut-aparts with some vellum labels and stickers from the range.


Here I used a recent add on kit from Studio Calico with some Maggie Holmes and Shimelle stickers added. The papers are from Crate Paper Notes and Things and Shimelle. And those gorgeous frames are Crate Paper!


For this page I started out by scribbling gelatos onto watercolour paper and mixing with water to create a bright background for my photo. I then layered Heidi Swapp September Skies ephemera and a few Studio Calico gems around. This was then backed onto that fabulous black polka dot paper from September Skies. 


And lastly a layout using the Bluegrass Farms kit from Studio Calico. I added some machine stitching and a few printables with this photo of one of our horses.


Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog today.