14 December 2014

Art + Design | Layouts to share

While I was on retreat recently I worked on some of the lessons from my Art + Design class at Big Picture Classes. I had been practicing using presets in Lightroom so worked with photos from the same photo shoot.

This first one uses a printable of one the lesson designs. I do plan on trying out the real thing later where the paint is added to the page and Silhouette cut light bulbs are layered onto the painted areas. But for a retreat using the printable was a fast and easy way to achieve the same look! I painted a couple of chipboard light bulbs to layer on the images and add some dimension to the page, added photos to the page using photo corners (loving these at the moment), and a Heidi Swapp word from September Skies. 


This page was created using a grid design and watercolouring a printable from the lesson. I printed the design onto watercolour paper using a laser printer so that the ink would not smudge when adding the colour, a mix of gelatos and water. I just had fun painting with different colours, arranging the squares in a grid and backing the card stock with pattern paper! So quick, and super easy pages to put together.


You may have noticed that I have a pretty new blog design? I'm so glad I stumbled across Envye on the web! Pink, sunrays and watercolours are a few of my favourite things so I thought this template was perfect for me! I'm excited to start the new year with a fresh new look on my blog :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog today.