04 January 2012

New layouts for the New Year!

Happy New Year!!! I hope all your dreams come true for you in the coming year :)

I have been playing with some gorgeous new October Afternoon for ScrapBoutique. This Farmhouse range is so versatile and I just love the colours and patterns.



My beautiful girl is growing up way to fast for my liking! She will be in high school next year so there will be some big changes on the way for her.


I love heritage style pages and this range was just perfect. I love the little squares of  paper with vintage images...I knew straight away that I wanted to cut them up and add machine stitching.


The little flags and stickers in this range are gorgeous too :) This is my maternal grandparents on their wedding day in 1928. I am really enjoying working with the smaller 8.5 x 11 size.



I used lots of stitching here and added some jute ribbon for texture.  I just love the Crafter's Workshop chicken wire template.


And a few cards...



I have made little pockets for gift cards for the inside of two of these. All I have to do is add a gift card and I have a nice and easy gift for someone special!

My lovely Mum has been collecting vintage buttons for me. DH bought home this jar containing honey so as soon as it was all eaten I grabbed the jar to decorate. I have used papers and stickers from the range, some tassel ribbon, Prima flower and Kaiser pearls...now I have a pretty home for my buttons.


And I have been playing with mixed media again...

Chelsea sent me a canvas and some cute Stamping Bella stamps. I have used 7 Gypsies tissue paper and acrylic paints for the background and added lots of stamping and random rub ons for texture. This is based on a Christy Tomlinson tutorial that you can find on You Tube.


I have really enjoyed playing in my art journal. I have learnt so many new techniques from the 3 Hearts workshop! Here are a few of my pages using alcohol inks, pan pastels and paint dabbers...




Thanks for stopping by and Happy Creating!

Leanne
xox

3 comments:

  1. Simply wonderful LO's - I love that page size too Leanne, but wont let myself change, :) gorgeous cards & of course marvellous mixed media.
    It is time off work that is letting you relax into it all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!!! Love those OA papers too!!! Just can't bear to cut them up but now I might have to. Love the page of your daughter. Simply beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts Leanne!! Great start to the new year... I love all the kraft backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today.