24 October 2011

A scrappy and my first arty share...

I had a very busy weekend and was a bit late completing my inspiration challenge for the ScrapBoutique October CC. I was inspired by the colours in the picture and have scrapped my favourite girl Mikala. I have used the gorgeous Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe collection...I love all the patterns in these papers.


I have finished my first two art journal pages from the 3 Hearts Workshop and thought I would share them here...


I have had some fun trying different techniques...this one uses watercolour pencils, liquidtex inks in the hearts, stamping with a big brush pen and stencilling using paint dabbers. 




I like the way this one turned out...


I glued dressmaking paper, book paper and ephemera on the page and used acrylic paints to colour the background. The butterflies were stamped using the big brush pen and then coloured with liquidtex inks...gotta get myself some more colours of both of these products! I then added some doodling and rub ons. This is so much fun!



I didn't have a lot of the products used in the workshop so just worked with what I had. Luckily, a lovely parcel arrived from ScrapBoutique today...I now have a set of pan pastels and inktense blocks! I can't wait to have a play and get lots of colour on my pages.

Hope you like them!

Thanks for stopping by and any comments you may leave :)

Leanne
xx

4 comments:

  1. Another GORGEOUS Layout Leanne!!!!
    That Doilie & Bling looks SUPERB & Those photo's are FAB... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops!! I forgot to type that the other Creations are just G G GORGEOUS...... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout...love the colours! & love your journal pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art journal looks AWESOME!! Good going Leanne :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today.