15 October 2011

Passion for Fashion...week 6

I loved this weeks theme...
ELEGANT - This style includes expensive designer's reproduction, but should not be misunderstood as "haute couture" or high fashion.

Colour - Unusual, muted solid colours (gray, black and white are common)
Lines - Mostly uncomplicated and well fitted (think Chanel, classic styles)
Textures - Fine fabrics, usually expensive materials.
Effects - Very refined, chic and executive-looking.
Needs - Semi custom-made or altered to fit.
Favorite Accessory - Coordinated Accessories and matching real gold and diamond accessories.

Note: Notice the emphasis on uncomplicated, well fitted status look. 

:idea: As this style incorporates "Designer Reproductions"...... this week we have a Sketch to Reproduce. 8) 
(thanks to scrap a little sketches)





and this is my page using Glitz Design papers...



The photo is of my MIL looking very chic on her wedding day in 1963. I was inspired to use muted earthy colours with touches of black. I altered the Collage Press die cut by cutting out the centre so the gorgeous stripe of the background paper would show through and then threaded the eyelets with satin ribbon. I have covered the bottom piece of pattern paper with Webster's Pages netting to represent the texture of fine fabrics. 

I have used new Prima alphas for the title....I just love the texture and size of these little yummies!


...and I added a Prima diamante swirl (which I picked up at the Boutique for a bargain price) to represent diamond accessories and embellished with a few new release Prima flowers...I just adore the fabric Harlow flowers!



That's it for now...I hope you like my 'elegant' entry and thanks for stopping by.


Happy creating,


Leanne 
    xx







3 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous Leanne! Lovely photo choice, & gorgeous papers & embellies. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Leanne, what a gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I have missed Soooooo Many of your Posts??
    I REALLY love your take on this Sketch!!!
    GO GLITZ DESIGN........ xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today.