01 October 2011

Passion 4 Fashion...week 4

Week 4 is all about WESTERN!!!

WESTERN (or Country) - The opposite of conservative. Clothes are reduced from the feminine emphasis.
Colour - Earth tones are favourites.
Lines - Durable, simple, easy and comfortable.
Textures - Natural fibers, basic denim, thick and old-fashioned.
Effects - Tough, strong, manly.
Favorite Accessory - Big is better, cowboy leather boots and thick belt buckles. 
Note: Notice the emphasis of earth tone colours




This is my entry for week 4...I loved the western theme and have scrapped some older photos of my boy Jake. I actually named him after watching the old western movie 'Big Jake' staring John Wayne. Many years later and with no help from me, Jake decided that John Wayne was his hero...even going so far as to name his pet bird after him, lol. I have used MME and OA papers and added hessian for a touch of durability. The splats have been made using impasto and liquidtex ink...I love the texture and colour it adds to the page!


Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!

Leanne xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog today.