18 September 2011

Passion For Fashion...week 2


Well it's week of the ScrapBoutique Passion For Fashion competition and this week is all about:

DRAMATIC (or Theatrical)-
 This style creates a glamorous and glitzy impact. 

Colour- Strong, vivid, and contrasting (black is a favorite color). 
Lines - Severe, sharp and usually asymmetrical. Bold and often overwhelmingly fitted with open slits. 
Textures - Rare and trendy. 
Effects - Confident, chic, sexy and catchy. 
Needs of Customer - makes a statement, garments made or altered to fit. 
Favourite Accessory - Bold statement usually metallic (gold, silver, bronzes, etc). 
Note: Notice the fit, its impact and its open slits. Sometimes open back design or see-through materials are used. You'll know when you see one.

EXTRA CRITERIA - Please include a quote from any MOVIE on your page.

I had so much fun with this page!! 


I had so many ideas for things that I wanted to include on this page and somehow I managed to get them all on there... I hope I have achieved a dramatic looking page!

I have used a gorgeous sheet of Cosmo Cricket Upcycle paper for the background and layered some Webster's Pages netting with gold tread so the wonderful pink and gold colours would still show through. The chipboard frame has been inked gold and then covered in sequins. I tucked some hot pink feathers in behind the photo to add an extra touch of theatrical. I had some fun dressing up the Pink Paislee mannequin, changing the colour to gold and embellishing her with lace, beads and a feather. 
My quote is from the 1968 movie Funny Girl starring Barbara Streisand and the photo of DD was taken by Trish O'Brien of Jetty Images in Coffs Harbour.

Thanks for stopping by.
Leanne xox


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Leanne..the colours, that photo, all your details! Love how you decorated the manniquin & the title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today.