25 September 2011

Passion 4 Fashion...week 3

It's week three already in the Passion 4 Fashion competition and this is the criteria...

CONSERVATIVE (feminine/demure)- This category includes traditional old fashioned, but should not be misunderstood as classic because of its girlish features.

Colours - Pastel, soft blends, muted rainbows. 
Lines - Simple flows, rounded curves and semi- fitted. 
Textures - Light, flowing, lace,usually old-fashioned small print. 
Effects - Fragile, soft, charming, innocent and very feminine. 
Favourite Accessory - Very simple accessories, sometimes diamond accessories.
Note: Notice the simple accessories, its pastel colours and rounded lines. 







Now this criteria seemed to be right up my alley but I actually fussed around quite a lot. I have used my favourite colour combo of pink, cream and mocha. I started with a base of Prima paper and added some pretty papers from and older Making Memories range. I tried to keep the design and embellishments simple and used the Prima resist canvas shape, mirror and Prima pearl swirls to represent the simple flows. The chandelier has been painted and covered in 3D kindy glitz which I think gives it a fragile look. The photo of Mikala taken at age 3 months covers the effects criteria...soft, charming, innocent and feminine. I have added lace and pearls to represent the old fashioned/traditional. 

Now for a close up...


I loved playing with the Prima resist canvas and the new mirrors are just gorgeous! I have included a bottle top and Pin from Tattered Inspirations and a few flowers and Prima stickers.

It is ScrapBoutique CC time this weekend and I host the speed scrap on Friday night. 

This was the sketch I borrowed from Creative Scrappers...


and my page...


using some older Basic Grey papers. It's a simple page but I still managed to finish last, lol.

There is still time to play along...Amanda and Christine have posted some great Spring challenges and you have until midnight Monday 26 September to get your pages in the gallery.

In other news, I have just signed up for this...


I'm so excited as I have been interested in mixed media but considered myself not arty enough to give it a go...that is until Chelsea from ScrapBoutique signed up and convinced me I should join too :-) I am looking forward to learning so many new techniques, many using products I already have and in some cases never even opened! You can check out the workshop here.

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating.

Leanne xox

3 comments:

  1. Love what you've done for this weeks P4F...simply gorgeous! Such a beautiful colour combo & details. Fabulous take on the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leanne!!!
    Just LOVE both your Layouts.......
    SO OS pretty is your 1st Layout & Awesome take of the Sketch with your 2nd layout......
    Hope you Have a Wonderful Week!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Leanne!! Love how delicate the first layout is. Beautiful pic too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today.