25 April 2011

Easter CC at ScrapBoutique

Well it's been a big weekend of creating for me as ScrapBoutique are having an Easter cyber crop and there are some great challenges posted. 

This one was for guest stylist Lisa's colour challenge...black, white and green, with paint and stamping included! I decided to scrap this lovely photo of our Arabian stallion Manasseh. I painted the background with gesso and stamped over it with a bubble wrap stamp. I also stamped and cut out the fence embellishment. I have used some older Basic Grey and Pink Paislee papers and added hessian and Prima fabric leaves for added texture.


 I scrapped this funny little photo of me aged a few days old for Lisa's quote challenge. I loved the quote "Where there is love there is life" and thought it suited a baby photo quite well. I used some paper scraps of Echo Park For The Record along with a few of the stickers and some lovely MME trim and glittery AC thickers.


 Sonia's challenge was a MME sketch and this is my take on it. I have used Cosmo Cricket  Joyride papers and chipboard for these photos of my two during our last trip to the Gold Coast. I am making a real effort to use up some older stash that I just had to have but never got around to using. My daughter Mikala is obsessed with taking photos and I love finding lots of them on the memory card...I think she may be a photographer when she is older!


I also finished the monthly stash stomper challenge at ScrapBoutique which was set by Sonia. The challenge was to go through your stash and use three things that had been unused or barely used. I have used Cosmo Cricket Pixie-Licious papers and stickers, Chip Chop Shop doily and Tattered Angels seam binding and Stick pins...all never before opened!



















I know I have not been a very good blogger lately and scrapbooking has taken a back seat to renovating our house. It's not going as fast as I would like it to but I am looking forward to getting it all finished and having a lovely new area to scrap in. 

I finished this page of DH and I for the Once Upon a Sketch challenge... which I completed and put aside before I had to pack everything up for the start of the renovation and then forgot to post it. I have again used the Echo Park For The Record range which I totally love! 



















And finally, my entry for Anna's Craft Cupboard monthly sketch challenge using Echo Park Playground papers. Love these photos of my nephew Riley helping my Mum in the garden...so cute heh! Echo Park are my favourite new paper manufacturer!



















Thanks for making it this far! I know it's been a huge post.

 I hope you have all enjoyed your Easter and Anzac Day weekend.  Lest we forget...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for lovely comment on my blog Leanne. I can see that you have been just as busy with the ScrapBoutique CC. I just love your Gentle Eyes LO - it's such a great photo of Manasseh!
    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a busy girl! Love your layouts... especially the first one. What a gorgeous photo and you've captured the mood perfectly in your layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hey Leanne!! WOW! WEE! 6 totally FABBO Layouts... it's gr8 how each LO is so different & you have used a brand per LO....
    Excellent!! Hope you & your Family are having a wonderful time together, with the Easter/ Anzac break.....
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today.