01 November 2010

Scrap Boutique 'A Dreamy Nightmare' CC

Last weekend was the Scrap Boutique October CC. To celebrate Halloween the theme was 'A Dreamy Nightmare'. These are the challenges I completed.

For Manon's inspiration challenge I chose Basic Grey Two Scoops papers and chipboard for this page of my sweet little Mikala in 1999. 

Hush Little Baby


Mikala looks very different here in this page I scrapped for Amanda's sketch challenge. I took the photo on the weekend as she was getting ready to go to the Kegel Bowling Halloween Party. She had a great time bowling with her spooky friends. I think the photo really suited the theme of this sketch. I have used Kaiser and Sassafras scraps and added some stitching for extra interest.

Little Witch


And this one is my sample page for my challenge as Guest Stylist. I was a bit nervous about posting the challenge, hoping the girls would like it. I found a cute little house on the Echo Park site and wanted to use it as an element on the page. As I don't own any Halloween papers I decided to add the extra criteria of using non Halloween papers and to add some stitching...just because I am obsessed with sewing on my pages at the moment. The photo of my Mum was taken about 10 years ago when she was heading out to a fancy dress party. I used Bo Bunny and Junkitz papers and machine stitched some tulle and hessian on the page for extra texture. I painted the moon and drew a cobweb onto paper which I then used as a template and hand stitched onto the card stock. And even though I don't really like Halloween I love the finished page...it's fun  and so different to my usual work. 
Thanks to all the ladies who completed the challenge, I love them all!
You can check the pages out here:

Wicked Witch


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you had a great Halloween weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog today.