24 August 2010

ScrapBoutique Cyber Crop Entries

I managed to complete a couple of layouts on the weekend for the Scrap Boutique cyber crop. This one of Mikala and her friend Jessica was taken under the Jetty in Coffs Harbour. It's a great place for taking photos and I got some really nice ones this particular day :)

I have used papers and embellies by the Girls Paperie. They really are gorgeous colours and patterns. This was a fantastic challenge by guest designer Lauren. We had to answer a few questions and the answers gave us our criteria. I was to use: cardstock base, three pattern papers, flowers, five buttons and a mixed alpha title...which I am not to sure about and may end up changing.



This layout was created from a lucky dip challenge. I was given designer Manon's criteria which was a monochromatic yellow layout with fabric and paint. Eeek! This one really scared me but now that it is finished it is growing on me and I quite like it.
I have used a mix of Cosmo Cricket and October Afternoon papers along with some Bazzill scalloped cardstock. I painted all the edges and glimmermisted some tulle for the fabric requirement. Do you see that cute little owl button? It is a new purchase from Purple Pumpkin. I am so in love with these and I have a couple of pink ones that I'm sure will show up on a layout in the near future.



I thought I would also share this layout I completed for the Scrap Boutique August Monthly Challenge set by Amanda. The criteria was to do a monochromatic (yes another one) with the theme of celebrating friendship. I chose to scrap an old photo of my two brothers who were also the best of friends. Last week would have been my brother Rodney's 50th birthday (he passed away when he was only 25) and I wanted to do a page about him in remembrance.
I have used Scribble Scrabble paper along with Buzz n Bloom, Collections and Twiddleybitz chipboard, Websters bloomers, Prima flower and a Tim Holtz key. I included this quote:

All for one and one for all,
My brother and my friend.
What fun we have,
The time we share.
Brothers 'til the end.
~Author Unknown



Thanks for stopping by and any comments xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog today.