22 May 2010

Scrap Boutique Postcards Competition - Week 5

This week we were visiting Japan at the Scrap Boutique postcards competition. I loved the autumn colours and images in this postcard. I have used 7 Gypsies paper along with a Prima felt stem and lanterns. A requirement of the challenge was to include a paper folding technique. I have made a pleated fan, accordion circle flower and added a pleated paper strip. I have tried to keep it all pretty simple to suit the minimalistic Japanese style. Some butterflies with touches of gold and a Japanese Proverb were added as well. Sorry the photo is a bit crooked...I really need to learn how to stitch LO's together so I can scan them instead of photographing them.



This is my entry for the monthly sketch challenge at Anna's Craft Cupboard. I loved this design and thought these photos of Mikala suited it well. I have used some older Kaiser papers from my stash and added some red Thickers and a crackle painted bird for a bit of extra interest. I am happy with the way this one turned out considering it was created by candlelight when the power was off...I took the chance to scrap when the opportunity presented itself.



Thanks for stopping by and I would love for you to leave a comment xx

2 comments:

  1. both layouts are totally gorgeous ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, I could tell you were visiting Japan even before I had read what you'd written. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today.