08 May 2010

Scrap Boutique Postcards Competition - Week 3 and another scrappy share

This weeks postcard was from New York, USA. For my take on the challenge I have glimmermisted a Tim Holtz mask to create the background and added some older Basic Grey papers. I was inspired by the red, white and blue colours in the postcard and have added yellow to represent the taxis, some stars, stripes and a cute little NY number plate I had in my stash. The photos were taken early one morning by Gavin when he was visiting the States in 2005.



I completed this layout from the April sketch over at Scrapbooking from Scratch using a Scribble Scrabble kit. I loved this kit...the papers and embellishments are gorgeous. I especially love the Prima chipboard letters and can see myself using these a lot. The photo is of my Aunty Elsie and was taken in 1948 when she was about 15 years old. I just love the boats and river in the background.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy Mother's Day tomorrow xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leanne! I loved looking at your latest layouts. I love the colours and the misting in your travel layout, it's very striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today.